Sunday, May 10, 2009

Rachel Scott


"I lost all my friends at school. Now that I've begun to 'walk my talk', the make fun of me." Rachel's journal entries shower her disappointment that the very people whom she wanted to show Christ's love turned away from her. But she wouldn't give in.
"I am not going to apologize for speaking the name of Jesus. I will take it. If my friends have to become my enemies for me to be with my best friend, Jesus, then that's fine with me. I always knew being a Christian means having enemies, but I never thought that my friends were going to be those enemies"
Rachel was a student at Columbine High school on the day two students opened fire in the school. One gunman asked her if she still believed in God. She look him in the eye and said yes. she still believed. He asked her why, but he didn't let her answer before killing her. 
Rachel Scott passed her test, and because she did, her light reached beyond her school to around the world. Long before the test came, Rachel expressed her willingness to give her all for Christ. The words from her journal, written exactly on year before her death, tell about her commitment. "I am not going to hide the light that God has put into me. If I have to sacrifice everything, I will."
That all happened in the great U.S.A.
Matthew 5:16 "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see you goods works, and glorify you Father which is in Heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven